I’ve just joined a special group of writers to write for FIVE MINUTES every Friday. No editing. No revising. Just WRITE. This week, the prompt word is BUILD… Go!
Build. Even the word evokes a smile in me. I have strong memories of sawdust and raw materials, working alongside my carpenter dad in the garage. I LOVED making stuff. I loved starting with nothing and ending up with a masterpiece.
But isn’t that the beauty of building… to create something out of nothing?
- Musicians build a repertoire
- Artists build a portfolio
- Lawyers build a case
- Birds build a nest
- Campers build a fire
- Couples build a life together
- Husbands and wives build a family
Sometimes, we get to start with something, and then we build upon it to make it even better…
- Build your reputation
- Build up your courage (Deut 1:38)
- Build up hope (1 Thess 5:11)
- Build up faith (Jude 1:20)
When we do this to a house, it’s called a renovation… and it’s actually very MESSY! Read more