// In a nutshell: “Finding our Identity is the process of DEFINING & REDEFINING who we are in each season of life.”Finding our Identity is the process of DEFINING and REDEFINING who we are in each season of… Click To Tweet
This past year has been just that… a journey into discovering Identity. And I’ve come to the conclusion that finding identity is both simple and incredibly complex.
Let me give you an example:
♥ When a new mom comes home with that little bundle of joy, she takes on the label of “Mom,” but faces the question, “Who am I now that I don’t have a career, or a paycheck, or peers who make me feel good about myself?”
♥ When those kids go to school, and she finally has a few hours to herself, but she finds herself asking, “Who am I now that I have some time, but can’t remember what I like to do anymore?”
♥ Or when all of the kids are in school, and she has half of the day to herself, but she asks herself, “Who am I now that I can go back to work? Do I even want to work anymore? Do I need more training now after being out of the industry? Should I also go back to school?”
♥ Or maybe, like me, she’s in that season where the kids are starting to move out of the house and pursue their own destinies, and she asks herself, “Who am I now that they don’t need me anymore?” (I hate the words ‘empty nest.’)
♥ But it doesn’t stop there… how about when the grandkids come along, and she asks herself, “Who am I when I know all the answers, but they don’t want to hear them?” //
♥ Or worse yet, when a spouse passes away and she has to find new purpose apart from being the other half of a team.
Do you get the picture? Life is full of Identity Crisis moments that challenge our DEFINITION of purpose and identity.
Who are we now?
In the last few years, I have felt Father pulling me into an incredible journey of discovering Identity, and challenging me to redefine who I am. I can’t be the same person I was 20 years ago, or 2 years ago, for that matter. Today is a new day, and it requires a NEW ME.
So, what does redefining look like for me?
- That’s why I started my writing business… and rocking it (by the way).
- That’s why I started my blog… to find my voice and share my life with the precious people around me (near and far).
And I’m super excited to announce that…
- Next month, I AM PUBLISHING MY FIRST BOOK!
For years, God has been challenging me to study the Proverbs 31 Woman. Yes, I know… you either love her or you hate her.
- She sets the bar way too high for normal people like you and me.
- She pushes our ‘justice’ buttons of what seems fair and reasonable.
- She triggers those familiar feelings of comparison that make most of us quit trying.
- At one point, she made me want to pull my hair out in frustration.
But then I realized that this passage was NEVER meant to be a ‘todo list’ to accomplish in one day. No!Proverbs 31 is a blank cheque that we GET to accomplish in our lifetime. Click To Tweet
That’s what this book is about.
- It’s a creative and interactive study into Identity and purpose and the different stages of Identity Crisis that we go through.
- It’s specifically designed for groups of women wanting to grow in God’s wisdom as Moms. You will love it on your own, but it works even better when you do it together with your friends.
- The discussion questions are perfect for ‘mommy groups,’ Moms & Tots groups, and ladies Bible studies.
I can’t wait to have you join me on this journey of “IDENTITY ~ Finding the Proverbs 31 Woman in the Middle of Kid Chaos.” (More details to follow…)
Every Friday, I join an inspiring group of writers to write for FIVE MINUTES on a one-word prompt. No editing. No revising. Just WRITE. This week, the prompt word was DEFINE. It was the perfect opportunity to share my exciting news. Thanks!
// indicates the start and stop of the timer.
For more information on Five Minute Friday, check out Kate Motaung’s site!