Hi! ♥ My name is Shauna Blaak, and I’m a Canadian writer and teacher who recently spent twelve years living in South Africa.
What I do
I have a BA in Theology and Music and have had over twenty-eight years of experience as a writer and teacher, and over ten years as a freelancer, including copywriting and content editing for all kinds of organizations.
I specialize in writing and editing for non-English speakers in a way that will be culturally relevant for anyone living in the US, Canada, or the UK.
What I’ve been doing lately
- I am currently a Unit Clerk in the Pre-Admission Clinic at the Stollery Children’s Hospital in Edmonton, Canada. What a great job! I LOVE being the first face that families see when they bring their children for surgery! What a privilege! I’ve also been cross-trained in the Adult OR (Short Stay Surgery, Recovery, Pre-Admission Clinic, and the OR Front Desk), as well as the OR Front Desk at the Mazenkowski Heart Institute.
- I was the Communication Director at Adeara Recovery Centre, a residential recovery centre for women who are struggling with trauma, addiction, abuse, and mental health issues. What makes them awesome is that they let women bring their children WITH THEM into recovery! It’s awesome! (Sadly, due to reduced funding, the organization had to lay off a number of employees, starting with the Communications Team. It was very sad, but I can see now that God had better plans for me in health care.)
During my years in South Africa…
- I started Blaaklist Writers and worked as a freelance writer, editor, copywriter on Upwork.com. I LOVED working with clients all over the world (Singapore, Australia, Canada, US, Europe, and South Africa to name a few), all while enjoying life in Jeffreys Bay.
- I also self-published my first book, “IDENTITY: Finding the Proverbs 31 Woman in the Middle of Kid Chaos.”
I offer a wide range of writing and editing services
- e-book and book editing
- article and blog writing (including SEO)
- copywriting and editing services
- developing website content
- formal documents such as reports, guidelines, handbooks, forms, and newsletters
For more information
- CLICK HERE to see my Profile and Portfolio on Upwork.com, or
- Send me a personal message below.
I would be delighted to help you with your next project!